Normal flora and child’s healthy digestive system
Balanced intestinal microflora, in which the good bacteria outweighs the bad bacteria positively affect the child’s intestinal health. Gut microbiota plays many roles; it metabolizes nutrients from food and certain medications, serves as a protective barrier against intestinal infections, assist the body’s own production of vitamins, such as B1, B3, B6, B12 and vitamin K and helps in the prevention and treatment of different gastrointestinal disorders such as acute diarrhea, antibiotic associated diarrhea, constipation, digestive discomfort and lactose intolerance.
Factors such as seasonal changes, dietary changes, acute viral or bacterial infection along with antibiotic usage can destroy the beneficial microflora and irritate the intestinal lining leading to different digestive disorders.
For decades, probiotics have been used to improve gut health by maintaining or restoring the intestinal microbiota.
Normal flora and child’s strong immune system
Intestinal microflora plays a crucial role in defining and maintaining the delicate balance between necessary and excessive defense mechanisms including innate and adaptive immune responses. knowing that 70-80% of the immune cells are located in the gut, maintenance of healthy normal flora will lead to better immunity.
Growing evidence suggests that probiotics may work on modulating the human immune system by improving the diversity and balance of the gut (Increase the count of beneficial bacteria and inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria) leading to an increase in immune cell activity and specific antibody production.
How Proflora Kids Plus works
Proflora Kids Plus is a combination of 2 different strains of lactic acid bacteria (Lactobacillus reuteri, Lactobacillus rhamnosus) with a total count of 5 billion CFU and Short-chain fructo-oligosaccharides (Prebiotic fiber).
Proflora Kids Plus works effectively on maintaining and restoring the balance of the intestinal microflora, which helps in preventing and/or treating different digestive disorders and boosting the immune system.
Proflora Kids Plus exerts its effect through several mechanisms:
- Prevents the attachment of the pathogenic bacteria to the intestinal cells
- Creates a protective mucus barrier on the intestinal wall
- Stops the passage of bad bacteria through the intestinal wall
- Kills the bad bacteria by producing antimicrobial substances
- Activates a protective immune response
How Proflora kids plus helps
- Reduces the duration and the severity of diarrhea (viral, bacterial and antibiotic associated diarrhea).
- Helps with the digestion of lactose, hence relieving the discomfort related to lactose intolerance including diarrhea, abdominal pain and flatulence.
- Reduces the severity and incidence of allergic reactions such as atopic dermatitis and allergic rhinitis.
- Boosts the immune system and showed to reduce the viral infection incidence, duration and the severity of symptoms.