Normal flora and healthy digestive system
Healthy gut flora, in which the good bacteria outweighs the bad bacteria, plays an important role in maintaining a healthy digestive and immune system.
Gut microbiota plays many roles. It metabolizes nutrients, serves as a protective barrier against intestinal infections, produces vitamins such as B1, B3, B6, B12 and vitamin K and helps in the prevention and treatment of different gastrointestinal disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome, acute diarrhea, antibiotic associated diarrhea, constipation, digestive discomfort and lactose intolerance.
Sometimes, however, different factors might affect this balance. For instance, unhealthy diet (high in saturated fat, sugar and carbohydrates), genes or exposure to environmental toxins, can promote too many bad bacteria in the gut and cause an imbalance. Overuse of some drugs, especially antibiotics, can also deplete the body of good bacteria along with the bad. When bad bacteria take over, good bacteria can no longer do their job.
For decades, probiotics have been used to improve gut health by maintaining or restoring the intestinal microbiota.
Normal flora and strong immune system
Intestinal microflora plays a crucial role in defining and maintaining the delicate balance between necessary and excessive defense mechanisms including innate and adaptive immune responses. Knowing that 70-80% of the immune cells are located in the gut, maintenance of healthy normal flora will lead to better immunity.
Growing evidence suggests that probiotics may work on modulating the human immune system by improving the diversity and balance of the gut (Increase the count of beneficial bacteria and inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria), leading to an increase in immune cell activity and specific antibody production.
How Proflora Intense works
Proflora Intense is a combination of a high-count, multi-strain probiotic with 12 different strains (40 billion CFU) and 2500mg of Short-chain fructo-oligosaccharides (Prebiotic fiber).
Proflora Intense works effectively on maintaining and restoring the balance of the intestinal microflora, which helps in preventing and/or treating different digestive disorders and boosting the immune system.
Proflora Intense exerts its effect through several mechanisms:
- Prevents the attachment of the pathogenic bacteria to the intestinal cells
- Creates a protective mucus barrier on the intestinal wall
- Stops the passage of bad bacteria through the intestinal wall
- Kills the bad bacteria by producing antimicrobial substances
- Activates a protective immune response
How Proflora Intense helps
- Reduces the duration, severity and the stool frequency of acute infectious diarrhea.
- Relieves the discomfort related to lactose intolerance including diarrhea, abdominal pain and flatulence.
- Improves the different IBS symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, flatulence, diarrhea and constipation.
- Reduces antibiotic associated diarrhea in patients receiving antibiotic treatment.
- Enhances the gut microbiota with good bacteria and fibers, which regulates bowel movement and improves stool consistency, helping patients with constipation and digestive discomfort.
- Boosts the immune system and is shown to reduce the incidence, duration and the severity of symptoms of viral infections.